The Airports Authority of India (AAI) has issued a tender for the construction of a new domestic terminal at Kadapa Airport. The tender brief is as follows:
- Estimated Cost: Rs. 224.05 Crores (excluding GST) (Capital Construction cost: Rs. 186.86 Crores + O&M and Repair/AICMC cost: Rs. 37.19 Crores).
- Time Period: 24 months, i.e., 730 days (Original Construction), including 180 days considered for the rain of 2 monsoon seasons, and 2555 days for operation & routine maintenance and 5 years AICMC post DLP of 2 years.
Existing Facilities at Kadapa Airport
Kadapa Airport is a domestic airport located in the state of Andhra Pradesh, India. The existing airport covers an area of 1,110 acres and is situated 12 km from the city.
The existing terminal building has a floor area of 948.64 sqm and can accommodate 80 passengers during peak hours, with an annual capacity of 0.10 million passengers per annum (mppa). The extension and strengthening of the existing runway dimensions, from 1719m x 30m to 2515m x 45m, suitable for operating A-320 type aircraft, along with other associated works, have been completed, and commissioning is currently in progress.
New Domestic Terminal Building and Associated Facilities at Kadapa Airport
To meet the increasing demand of air passengers, a new domestic terminal with an area of 16,455 sqm, designed to accommodate 700 passengers during peak hours (350 arrival passengers and 350 departure passengers), is proposed to be constructed. This construction will also include associated facilities on the landside, such as a parking area, service road, a new approach road from the highway, landscaping, and a utility block, among other features.
The architectural design of the building will be harmonized with the local context, incorporating elements from the geography, landmarks, culture, art, and architecture of the region.
Surface Car Parking
- Provision for 375 private car parking spaces, including 4 for PRM (Persons with Reduced Mobility).
- 10 bus/coach parking spaces.
- 80 taxi queuing spaces.
- 100 staff car parking spaces, including 2 for PRM.
- Two-wheeler parking for AAI and airline staff.
Departure Terminal Features
- The Departure Terminal is Located at the Ground Floor level, positioned +0.15 meters above the road level (±0.0).
- Accessible from the road.
- Facilities include a security hold area, check-in area, in-line baggage processing, retail shop counters, and food & beverage (F&B) services.
- Landscaping is planned on both sides of the PTB.
- Four (4) entry gates and three (3) exit gates are proposed for departing and arriving passengers, respectively.
- There are 24 check-in counters.
- Located at +5.15 m level.
- Facilities include an airside corridor, AHU (Air Handling Unit), IT room/server room/data room, electrical room, AOCC (Airport Operations Control Center), office spaces, switch room, maintenance room, UPS room, battery room, and toilets.
- Positioned at +9.65 m level.
- Facilities include a store room, food & beverage outlets, pantry, central kitchen, restaurant, lounge, smoke room, AHU room, switch room, quiet room, and toilets.
- Access to this level via escalators or lifts from the Ground Level.
Arrival Terminal features
- Installation of 03 Fixed Finger structures for Passenger Boarding Bridges (PBB) to facilitate passenger boarding and disembarkation from aircraft.
- Equipped with an adequate number of baggage carousels of suitable size.
- Sufficient space allocated for the required number of offices, a bank/money exchange center, concessionaires, and storage space for baggage.
- Provision for baggage trolleys and dedicated space for the storage of mishandled baggage for airlines, along with segregation railing and associated passenger amenities.
- Provision for an additional reserved lounge.
- Mishandled baggage room.
- Relocation of the loader’s room as per the ground floor plan.