A slew of infrastructure upgrades are proposed by the South Western Railways in Mysuru to improve the region’s connectivity and cater to the future traffic. In this regard, SWR is focussing on remodeling of Railway yards at Mysuru, Ashokapuram, Naganahalli and Belagula stations along with creation of allied facilities meant for maintenance and comfortable circulation of passengers.
The proposed works will augment the berthing capacity at Mysuru-end which will directly help in improving the operational efficiency and enable introduction of additional long distance trains and MEMU services. Thus, giving a major fillip to commerce and providing the best in class passenger comfort.
Following facilities will be developed at Ashokapuram railway station-
- Connecting Road No.4 and 5 to Main line at Chamarajanagar/ CMNR End
- Construction of New Platform between Road 5 & 6 for a length of 540 Meters
- Provision of IRS Platform shelter of 16.0m x 9.45 m wide, 8 bays between Road 5 & 6
- Provision of water Hydrant on Road 4 & 5 and 6 & 7
- Extension of Platform 1, 2 & 3 to accommodate 24+1 ICF Coaches. Extension of Platform No. 1 for a length of 87.5meters and Platform No. 2 & 3 for a length of 57.5meters.
- Extension of FOB
- Provision of drinking cistern with 4 water taps at PF No.2 (2 Nos)
- Retaining wall at AP yard (80×4.5m)