Tourists can also board/deboard at Ghaziabad, Aligarh, Tundla, Kanpur and Lucknow Railway Station on this tourist train.
The Ministry of Railways, in collaboration with IRCTC Ltd, is all set to embark on a journey to promote the enchanting North Eastern states of India.
The “North East Discovery” tour, part of the “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat” and “Dekho Apna Desh” initiatives, is a specially curated travel experience that aims to introduce travelers to the unexplored beauty of India’s North East.
Also read | First Vande Sadharan Train Rolls Out
North East Discovery Train Tour A 15-Day Expedition
Commencing on November 16, 2023, from Delhi’s Safdarjung Railway Station, the “North East Discovery” tour promises a 15-day adventure like no other. This extraordinary tour will cover significant destinations in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Tripura, and Meghalaya, providing travelers with a rich cultural and natural experience.
Bharat Gaurav Deluxe AC Tourist Train
Travelers will have the privilege of exploring these states aboard the state-of-the-art Bharat Gaurav Deluxe AC Tourist Train. The train offers a range of modern amenities. It includes two dining cars/restaurants, a contemporary kitchen, and even shower cubicles in AC I and AC II coaches for added comfort. Enhanced security features such as CCTV cameras and dedicated security guards ensure a safe journey.
A Remarkable Itinerary
The journey begins in Guwahati, where tourists can explore the Kamakhya Temple, Umananda Temple, and enjoy a sunset cruise on the Brahmaputra River. The adventure continues with stops at Itanagar, Sivasagar, and Jorhat in Assam, where travelers can discover historic sites like Talatal Ghar and Rang Ghar.
Kaziranga National Park offers an unforgettable experience with an overnight stay and an early morning jungle safari. In Tripura, the “North East Discovery” tour includes a visit to the famous Unakoti heritage site and the capital city of Agartala, where you can explore the Ujjayanta Palace and more.
The journey then takes you to Nagaland, with a scenic train journey and a visit to Kohima to explore local sites and the Khonoma village. The tour concludes with visits to Shillong, the capital of Meghalaya, and Cherrapunji, where travelers can explore the Shillong Peak, Elephant Falls, and other stunning natural wonders.
- The journey begins in Guwahati, where tourists visit Kamakhya Temple, Umananda Temple, and enjoy a sunset cruise on the Brahmaputra River.
Naharlagun – Itanagar
- Depart for Naharlagun Railway Station, which is 30 km from Itanagar, the capital of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Explore Sivasagar, the old capital of the Ahom Kingdom. Visit the Shiva temple Sivadol, Talatal Ghar, and Rang Ghar.
- Visit tea gardens in Jorhat and enjoy an overnight stay at Kaziranga. Experience an early morning jungle safari at Kaziranga National Park.
- Explore Unakoti in Jampui Hills. Proceed to Agartala, visit Ujjayanta Palace, Neermahal, and Tripura Sundari Mandir at Udaipur.
Dimapur – Nagaland
- Travel to Dimapur and experience the scenic train journey between Badarpur station and Lumding Jn.
- Tour Kohima and the Khonoma village to learn about the Naga way of life.
Shillong – Meghalaya
- Return to Guwahati and travel to Shillong, the capital of Meghalaya. Visit Umium Lake, Shillong Peak, Elephant Falls, Nawkhalikai Falls, and Mawsmai Caves.
- Excursion to Cherrapunji in the East Khasi Hills, then return to Guwahati for the train journey back to Delhi.
Total Distance Covered: Around 5800 km over the course of the entire train tour.
Booking and Details of North East Discovery Train Tour
For travelers interested in this extraordinary journey, booking is available online on a first-come, first-serve basis through IRCTC’s official website.
The IRCTC tourist train will be a 15 days all-inclusive tour package with train journey in respective class, night stay at AC hotels, all meals (vegetarian only), all transfer & sight-seeing in buses, travel insurance, services of tour escort etc.
Also read | Become Drone Pilots with Government ID