Madikeri aka Coorg, known for its coffee plantations, steep hills, countless streams, rich flora & fauna, lush forests and breathtaking views, is a beautiful hill station. The city will finally see a world-class highway that will connect the Bangaluru Mysuru expressway at Srirangapatna. This new Mysuru Madikeri highway will change the way people travel to Madikeri for work OR for pleasure.
Nature lovers from all over India can land in Bangaluru, take the Mysuru Expressway and at Srirangapatna, take deviation and head straight towards Madikeri. The travel experience on this road will be unmatched and truly international class.
The technical details of this road are given below, but first let’s briefly see what’s happening on the road front in India.
A brief on how Expressway revolution is transforming India
“Good food, Rocking music, big car, long drive, attractive salary, happy weekend… wait!!, is this not an American dream?, No No No this is an Indian dream..” Thanks to Nitin Gadkari, India is transforming fast into a developed nation with E-ways criss-crossing the country. It’s “super fun” to zip across the country at will and enjoy life.
Soon Indian roads are going to match and even surpass the quality standards set by European nations OR USA on expressways. Top notch Expressway network is being created with an investment of billions of USD, connecting important towns – producing ones with consuming ones and with other major commercial centres.
If the pace at which the E-ways are laid is maintained, in the next 10 years, that means by 2030, India will have world-class roads. With modern warehouses, logistic parks dotting these roads, our logistics costs will dive-down to trickle, and our products costs will become internationally competitive.
In short, our economy is going to get more efficient and modern with the high-tech roadways and railways network.
Srirangapatna ~ Madikeri E-way – an extension of Bengaluru ~ Mysuru E-way
Work on the Mysuru-Bengaluru NH275 is scheduled to get over by the end of this year and no effort is spared by the Mysore MP Shri Pratap Simha to make it happen on or before schedule. Another important road that will be laid soon is to connect Srirangapatna to Madikeri. Government has invited tender recently from the established road developers to submit sealed quotations for taking up the work. The technical details are as follows
- Total cost of the project under package 3 is 1378.45 Crore INR (Excluding GST)
- Project is to be executed under Hybrid Annuity model, which is a mix of EPC and BOT- ANNUITY model, with the government and the private companies sharing the total project cost in the ratio of 40:60 respectively.
- A total of 46.935 KM will be undertaken under package 3 with the design chainage from 167+600 to 214+535.
- Lane configuration is 4 lane divided carriageway with paved shoulders and a depressed median guarded by W beam crash barriers.
- Three signal free entry/exit are provided at the following junctions-
- SH 86 (Hunsur-KR Nagar) – NH 275
- NH 373 (Mysuru-Hassan Highway) – NH 275
- SH 117 (Yelawala-Sagarkatte)- NH 275
- A trumpet interchange is provided for a conflict free movement of vehicles between Mysuru – Bengaluru and Srirangapatna-Madikeri portions of NH 275.
- The alignment crosses Lakshmana Tirtha river at three locations.
- Rest area spread over 9.180 Hectares will be developed at the junction of NH 373 & NH 275. (Chainage 186+095 KM)
- 1654 Nos. of Single Arm Street lighting and 259 Nos. double arm lighting shall be provided.
- 42 Nos. of 30 m high Mast Lights are proposed at all Major Junctions, VUP and VOP locations.
- 188 Nos. of Rainwater Harvesting shall be provided at every 500 mm intervals on LHS and RHS of the Project Road.
- Minimum 1862 numbers and as per prevailing guidelines/norms of trees of local species shall be planted and maintained throughout the contract period as per National Green Highway policy.
- Truck lay – byes will be provided near Rattanahalli.
Project details through Illustrations
Typical cross section of Mysuru Madikeri Highway
Signal free Entry/Exits of Mysuru Madikeri Highway
1. Chainage 168+526 : Crossing SH-86; LHS-K R Nagar, RHS-Hunsur
2. Chainage 184 to 185 : Crossing NH373; LHS-Krishnaraja Nagara, RHS-Bilikere
3. Chainage 203 to 204: Crossing SH117; Sagarkatte Road
Trumpet interchange for Mysuru-Bengaluru NH 275 at Chainage 214+535
Rest Area; Chainage 186 to 187; Near NH373 NH275 Crossing
Also Read:- NHAI floats RFP tender for four laning between mysuru and madikeri (package-2)
1 thought on “RFP tender invited for the package-III of Mysuru Madikeri Highway”
I dont think this will be an access controlled expressway, this will most probably be tolled 4-lane NH like most of other NHs across the country.