Indian Railways has initiated the process to construct the New Broad Gauge (BG) Railway Line between Chikkamagalur and Hadihalli by inviting bids. Total length of the line is 9.105 KM running from Chainage 45.775M to Chainage 54.880M.
In addition to the civil works, the scope of work includes Railway Electrification, Signal & Telecommunication works and General Electrical Services between Chikkamagalur (Excl.) & Hadihalli (Incl.) stations in Kadur – Chikkamagalur – Sakleshpur New Line Project in the South Western Railway Zone.
Estimated Project Cost – 138.16 Crores
No. of Years for completion of work – 15 Months
- Route Length – 9.105(km)
- Major Bridges – 1No.s
- Minor Bridges/Culverts – 24No.s
- Road Under Bridges (RUB) & Road Over Bridges (ROB) – 12No.s
- Railway Level Crossings – 1No.s
- Railway Stations – Hadihalli Railway station(Crossing) 205.0 sq.m Station Building Area with 2 main lines and 1 loop lines
- Platforms – 2 Number of High Level Platforms with a Length 450m
- Foot Over Bridges – 1No.s at Hadihalli