NHAI will be implementing additional signages and other road safety features from Km 18.000 to Km 135.304 on the Bengaluru–Nidagatta–Mysuru section of NH-275 Mysuru Bengaluru Highway in the state of Karnataka.
Overspeeding has been a significant issue on the recently opened NH 275 Mysuru Bengaluru highway. To address this concern and ensure safe driving, NHAI has undertaken several measures. It recently prohibited certain types of vehicles on the highway to prevent mixed traffic scenarios that could pose safety risks.
Foot Over Bridges & Missing ROBs on Mysuru Bengaluru Highway
NHAI will also be constructing 24 foot overbridges at various locations to facilitate the safe passage of pedestrians across the highway.
Significantly, NHAI will be constructing the missing ROBs on the NH 275 Mysuru Bengaluru Highway Service Lanes. This will ensure that the public traveling on the service roads can seamlessly travel end to end on the service lanes itself without having to pass through the towns. Currently, there are three gaps on the Service Road due to Railway Over Bridges (ROBs) at Bidadi, Ramanagara & Channapatna, and Mandya.
Currently, the speed limit on the Mysuru Bengaluru highway varies between 80 km/h to 100 km/h, depending on the specific stretches.
The following measures in the form of signages and features will be implemented:
- No Parking/No-Standing & No-Stopping Sign Boards.
- Provision of Shoulder & Median Mounted Speed Limit Sign Boards.
- Provision of Gantry Speed Limit Sign Boards.
- Height Limit Sign Boards.
- Emergency Helpline Number (2400 x 1800mm).
- Heavy Vehicle Keep Left Sign (2400 x 2400).
- Provision of SOS Call Box Sign Boards (600 x 900).
- White Road Studs for all curves under a 2000m radius – along the entire curve length.
- Two-Wheeler & Auto-Rickshaw Prohibited Sign Boards.
- THRIE Beam Barrier on Curves with a radius less than 650m on the concave side.
- Junction Ahead Signboards on Service Roads.
- Speed Limit Sign Boards on Service Roads.
- Information Boards.
- Convex Mirrors.
- Transverse Bar Markings at All Entry & Exit Locations.
- Sliding Gate between MCW & SR for Emergency Entry/Exit.