The ministry of railways has accorded sanction for conducting survey for the following sections in Karnataka-
- Shravanabelagola to Madikeri via Holenarsipiura- Arkalgud-Konanur -Kushalnagar for a length of 117 KM.
- Gangavathi to Daroji for a length of 36 KM.
The railway board has sanctioned the amount to carry out the survey for preliminary engineering & traffic.(PETS)
Preliminary Engineering-cum-Traffic Survey
In practice, and quite often, both the traffic survey and the preliminary engineering survey are carried out simultaneously in order to expedite the project. In such cases techno-economic survey reports based on preliminary-cum-traffic surveys are compiled. Such techno-economic survey reports contain the following details.
- Traffic projections
- Analysis of alternatives
- Characteristics of project area
- Standards of construction (for new lines, multiple tracking schemes, gauge conversions)
- Route selection and project description
- Project engineering (for new lines, multiple tracking schemes, and gauge conversions)
- Cost, phasing, and investment schedules
- Financial appraisal
More on Surveys: Click here