The foundation stone for the expansion & development of Mysuru railway station and Naganahalli was laid by the Honourable Prime Minister of India on 20-6-2022.
The project has been fast tracked under the Central Government’s PM Gati Shakti.
Development of Mysuru railway station under Gati Shakti
The proposed plan of the railways assumes great significance considering that the current railway yard at Mysuru is saturated, resulting in constrained operations. So, to realise the full benefits of track doubling between Mysuru & Bengaluru the end terminals need to have adequate berthing infrastructure. Not having enough berthing space is one of the main reasons why trains bound to Mysuru and Bengaluru junctions end up waiting for the platform long outside and also limiting the addition of new services.
The expansion at the city railway station is planned to be taken up by relocating the railway staff quarters located adjacent to the yard.
RFP for Mysuru Railway Station Development initiated
Ministry of Railways has initiated the RFP process for the Development of Mysuru Railway Station including Civil, Electrical, Railway Electrification and Signal & Telecom works in the South Western Railway zone (the “Project”) through Engineering, Procurement and Construction (the “EPC”) Contract.
Biding Type: EPC [ Single Stage ]
Advertised Value: Rs 346.64 Crores
Period of Completion: 36 Months
The following infrastructure will be built under the project-
1. A new 3rd Entry/Exit is proposed at the junction of Vani Vilas Road and KRS Road/Princess Road.
2. A total of 3 New Platforms ( 7 & 8 Island PF and 9 PF, These will be Dead End PFs) 665M, 665M and 563M long with a width of 10.5M and 15M respectively will be constructed.
3. Development of 4 Nos. Pit Lines of 550M, 600M, 599M and 580M length.
4. Additional 4 Nos. Stabling Lines of 716M, 629M, 585M and 595M will be constructed
5. 1 No. Shunting Neck of 625M (With Provision for Automatic Coach Washing Plant)
6. Extension of existing FOB/SkyWalk to connect all Nine Platforms
The current Mysuru Junction has the Existing Facilities
- 6 Platforms
- 4 Pit Lines
- 4 Stabling Lines
- 4 Sick Lines (2 are having IOH Shed)
- 1 Extra Siding
- 1 VIP Siding
- 1 Parcel Siding
- 1 New Stabling Line
Recent Railway Infrastructure Development in Mysuru
To augment the railway infrastructure at Mysuru, Indian Railways has also undertaken works at Belagula & Ashokapuram Railway stations.
In Belagula, yard remodelling works are completed with the addition of extra Platform and Two Stabling lines.
Ashokapuram Railway station is seeing various development works which include construction of 2 new platforms (PF4 and 5) along with Three stabling lines (which includes two stabling lines exclusive for Mysuru Railway workshop). An existing footover bridge is being extended to all platforms. A new second entry towards the Srirampura side has been constructed.
Plans for expansion at Naganahalli railway station to maintain Train-set and EMU are underway.