Mysuru: To ensure unhindered supply of water from the Krishna Raja Sagar Dam (KRS) even during summer, Karnataka Urban Water Supply and Drainage Board (KUWSDB) has initiated tender for the works pertaining to Hale Undavadi water lift project to supply Kaveri water to Mysuru city outskirts and adjoining villages. This project will augment the total drawing capacity from the dam.
Phase-1 is estimated to cost 210.5 crores. Piped Kaveri water has been a dream for the many layouts situated along ORR in Chamundeshwari Constituency. MLA Shri G T Devegowda and Member of Parliament Shri Pratap Simha have taken a keen interest in solving this long-pending issue, the dream is now all set to be realised.
MP Pratap Simha had initiated capacity augmentation of the Main balancing reservoir and central storage reservoir at Yadavagiri and Vijaynagar, respectively, under the Central Government sponsored AMRUT scheme which is now coming handy in the implementation of this project.
The works involve design, supply and commissioning of various hydraulic equipment along with electrical systems apart from the civil works like jack well, water treatment plant and other allied constructions.
Feeding KRS Command Area – Proposed Scheme
- Raw water from KRS backwaters will be lifted through the Jack well cum pump house to be set up at Hale Undavadi.
- The lifted raw water is pumped to the proposed 150 MLD Water treatment plant at Beechanakuppe, located 4KM to the south of the jack well.
- Treated water from here will be transported to the MBR located at Vijayanagar 2nd stage and High-level reservoir at Yadavagiri for distribution to city areas.
In phase 2 the project aims to solve water problems of Koorgalli, Bogadi and Vijayanagar 4th stage in entirety. It is more ambitious in nature and scale.
- A new Jack well will be built at Hale Undavadi.
- The water treatment plant at Beechanakuppe will be expanded to handle 300 MLD of raw water.
- New Main balancing reservoirs will be built at Koorgalli and Bogadi.
- A New feed line to the existing Kuvempunagar and Vijayanagara 4th stage Water tanks are also proposed.
Stay tuned for more updates.
Also Read:- Under Ground Electric Cabling in Mysuru City