140 Crore Up-gradation works
NH 275K: Mysuru Outer Ring Road (ORR) is all set for a makeover with major and minor works planned in the upgradation programme initiated by MoRTH. This comes close on the heels of Mysuru MP Shri Pratap Simha getting the ORR transferred from MUDA to NHAI to ensure its periodic maintenance and repair. In the first phase, MP has devised a 140 crore plan for immediate strengthening of ORR which shall address the deteriorating quality and bring it on par with MoRTH standards. In subsequent phases, other critical works like widening of railway underpasses shall be taken up. ORR is now officially nomenclated as National Highway 275K.
Strengthening works are to be taken up in two packages under EPC mode, between Chainage 0-10 KM and Chainage 10-41.535 KM, covering the western and eastern arc between Mysuru-Bengaluru NH275-ORR & Hinkal junctions, respectively.
The scope of work shall broadly include-
- Strengthening of existing carriageway (2 X 10.9 M wide main carriageway & 5.5 M wide service road on either side) 65 MM DBM + 40 MM BC and 50 MM DBM + 30 MM BC shall be laid over the existing crust of the main carriageway and service road respectively. (DCM- Dense Bituminous Macadam, BC- Bituminous Concrete)
- Construction of service road (2 X 7.0 M wide) from 16.49 to 25.82 KM. Service lanes on either side are to be constructed between Bannur to Nanjangud road junction.
- Widening over existing 2 VUP at 25.27 & 25.48 KM. To make provision for service lanes across twin APMC underpasses, widening works shall be taken up at the VUP locations.
- Construction of RCC drains alongside the service roads to be constructed from 16.49 to 25.82 KM.
- Construction of retaining wall from 16.49 to 25.82 KM in stretches for a length of 2.17 KM.
- Road furniture shall be taken up to provide benches along the ORR.
- Median shall have plantations that are permitted by NHAI and the same will be maintained for a period of 1 year by the contractor.
Package 1: CH: 0- 10 KM
A total of 9 bidders vied for the work, of which 7 bidders qualified for financial evaluation stage. RMN Infrastructures Ltd. emerged as the L1 bidder with a bid value of 11.366 Crore. As per MP Pratap Simha, the work shall begin post monsoon.
Work order was issued long ago, waiting for the rain to stop to start the work.— Pratap Simha (@mepratap) September 16, 2020
Package 2: CH: 10- 41.535 KM
This package is currently under tendering. It has received a tremendous response with 29 bids placed, all of which shall undergo technical evaluation as the next step.
Follow us to stay updated with the latest moves regarding ORR upgradation.