With a growing demand for rail connectivity to different parts of the country from Shivamogga city and a keen interest and follow-ups by Former CM B S Yedyurappa and MP, B Y Raghavendra to improve Air and Rail connectivity to Shivamogga city, the railways have decided to upgrade Koteganguru halt station (KGH) as a full-fledged coaching depot cum railway station at a cost of around 105cr
The proposed Coaching Depot is located at Koteganguru Halt Station falling between Shivamogga & Talaguppa stations of the Mysuru Division.
Coaching depot cum railway station is designed with a maximum permissible speed of 130 km/h on the mainline and a minimum of 30 km/h for loop lines. Proposed facility will help to introduce new trains and increase in frequency of trains from the city.
Following facilities are planned
The following major facilities are planned in the proposed New Coaching Depot.
- Four running lines (Road-1 -761meters, Road-2 -761meters, Road-3 -994meters & Road-4 -1034meters).
- One end platform (Typical platform-1 attached to station building) and One island platform (to accommodate PF 2 and 3).
- Two Pit lines having a pit length of 625meters suitable to pass the loco with a speed of 30 km/h.
- One spur line.
- One tower wagon siding.
- One track machine siding.
- One shunting neck.
- Two Stabling Lines.
- Simultaneous reception facilities.
- One sick line.
- One sick line shed of approximate area 100mx20m along with a service building of area of 750 sqm.
- One station building of approximate area of 468 sqm.
- Subway/Foot Over Bridge and necessary passenger amenities.
- Twenty-four units of quarters.
- Connected watering arrangement, drainage & sewerage facilities.