Indian Railways is working towards establishing railway connectivity to Kodagu district. In this regard, the proposed 87 kilometres new railway line between Mysuru (Belagula) and Kushalnagar was sanctioned in 2018-19 with an abstract cost of Rs. 1854.62 Crore. To take things forward, Indian Railways has initiated the preparation of a Detailed Project Report.
Detailed Project Report (DPR) by March 2023
The Final Location Survey tender was awarded in June 2020 & currently the field survey work is in progress. The Target Date of Completion(TDC) for submission of the Detailed Project Report (DPR) to the Railway Board is fixed as 31st March 2023.
New Railway Stations
The new railway line is expected to have nine railway stations. namely, Belagula (Existing), Elivala, Bilikere, Uddur, Hunsur, Satyagola, Priyapatna, Doddahonnur, Kushalnagar.
Salient features of the new railway line
- Districts to be served: Mysuru and Kodagu
- Speed potential: 160 Kmph
- Ruling gradient: 1 in 100 compensated
- Requirement of land: Dryland: 247.65 Ha, Wet land: 275.15 Ha, Built-up area: 27.52 Ha
- Major bridges (6 Nos), Minor bridges (65 Nos),
- ROBs (15 Nos), RUBs (28 Nos),
- Road crossing (43 Nos), Level crossings: Nil, Tunnels: Nil
1 thought on “DPR for the Mysuru Kushalnagar new railway line by March 2023”
Best wishes for rsilwai